Thursday 27 June 2019

👶🏼 First Pregnancy Blog 👶🏼


Pregnancy Blog

It's amazing how one little news can change your life completely! 
Since being a little girl the one thing I've always wanted to be was a mum, and growing up with all the pcos and endometriosis problems they tell you that there might be a slight chance that you couldn't have children, and obviously this was such a hard thing to deal with, but I took everything in and just focused on other things rather than worrying about something I have no control over. 

So this year definitely was a shock when just a normal visit to the doctor turned into more news than one could ever expect.

I honestly thought I was just under the weather but little did I know it was a little baby that was causing all the different symptoms. 

It also happened to be the same day I found out that I got promoted to a shop manager, so the day is always going to be stuck in my head for one to remember.

I've always been told that becoming pregnant you change the way you think and see things and I didn't think that would happen until it happened to me. 

It took a while for it to even sink in that I was even pregnant. We had a little scare when I was 6 weeks as I was having such pain in my right side of my tummy they was concerned that it might of been a ectopic pregnancy which is when the baby grows inside your fallopian tube inside of inside your uterus. The wait for the ultrasound was so scary as you don't want to think the worst but you have to prepare yourself for it. So once the scan came around and to hear the lady say the baby is in the perfect place and to be able to see the little heartbeat beating away honestly just made you want to cry, not because it was upsetting but because it was a relief that everything was ok. 


This was the 6 weeks scan!


So as the weeks go on you get your first scan at 12 weeks and that's when they do all the health checks and make sure everything is on the right track. It is a amazing feeling to be able to see your little baby in your tummy on a screen moving around and it was such a strange feeling being able to see it move around on the screen and not being able to feel anything, but I knew soon enough I would be able to feel it. 

This was the scan picture from 12 weeks!


I surprisingly had a little bump already but where I always used to swell up from my previous problems no one really noticed the difference. The strange thing was that I used to think that this was a cute little bump. Little did I know the further along the cuter the bumps are!

My little bump at 12 weeks!

My little bump at 14 weeks!

My little bump at 16 weeks!

My little bump at 18 weeks! 

My little bump at 20 weeks!

At this point is when you have normally your 2nd scan and this is another health check for baby but it is also the time you can finally find out the gender of your little one! My scan went well and the baby was measuring at a healthy size and was weighing 15 ounces. Growing perfectly. We didn't find out as we was having a big gender reveal party to find out the sex. We had a cake made with the colour of the gender inside as I didn't like the idea of popping a balloon as I'm not a fan of the sound of it. So I thought well I am pregnant any old excuse to have cake really!

So we had an old friend make our cake for us and it was exciting to be able to find out what are baby was going to be. So the night before the party Gemma and I set up all the decorations by blowing up all the balloons and sorting out the sweet table and even the party favours. Of course we enjoyed this as any sweet that didn't fit we could just eat it and no one would know. Well they will now but it's fine as the party has already been and gone. 

Party day has arrived. WHOOP WHOOP!!

I don't think we got any sleep the night before as we ended up getting up at 5 am just because the baby was awake as that was its routine for a while to wake up everyday at that time which was annoying but we needed to get up early but not that early. Opps my bad! But we straight away had a cup of tea which woke us up. Then we sorted out all the last minute decorations such as the helium balloons which the ones I had brought a few of them had holes in them which I was quite surprised for card factory balloons as they are normally quite good. But luckily I had brought extra anyway :) 
This was the invite for the party, as I quite like the theme winnie the pooh at the moment we made the invites the same.
Everyone had to wear the colour they thought the gender would be. Such as if they thought it was a girl they would have to wear pink and the same for a boy they would be in blue. There was a ray of just pink and blue with everyone that turned up which was amazing to see. 

I wore a white dress that had pink at the bottom of the sleeves as I thought girl. So here's some pictures from the day.







This cake was made by Liz. This was an amazing cake as it tasted incredible and it fed over 40 people which is what we needed. 
So if anyone in East Sussex needs a good cake maker I would highly suggest Liz. This is her facebook page.

We got everyone to stand in front of us so that when we cut the cake I could record everyone's reactions.
So it was time to cut into the cake and find out what the baby is.....

Wonder what it could be???



IT WAS PINK!!!
A LITTLE GIRL!!

We was so surprised but over the moon as we didn't care what it would be as long as it was healthy that's what made it all important. 




So this was honestly the best few months leading up to finding out that she's a little girl.

Well enough reading for now as I better work out what to write for the second part of the pregnancy blog...

I hope you've enjoyed reading my story so far...

Here's to the next pregnancy blog and finding out more stuff about our baby and sorting out the nursery and baby clothes shopping.








1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm really happy for you! Also, I love the way you did the gender reveal... Sounds like it was an awesome party!

    Have you started thinking about names for her yet?

    ReplyDelete